Game Toppers 2.0 Delivery Update
3 days ago
– Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 01:55:09 AM
Greetings Game Topper Nation!!
Wow!!! What a whirlwind of activity. We are so excited about what is going on with Game Toppers and so thankful for all your support! We can’t wait to get this great gaming upgrade into your hands!!!!
We just got back from Essen Germany and the Spiel Fair. I’ll just say it was great! Europeans love our Game Toppers quality, functionality, and components! Our premium game mats were a big hit too. This will be a great emerging market for us…and the food was great!
My sincere apologies for this update being tardy; we have been working almost non-stop and I have been focusing on priorities of production and upcoming conventions. Part of what keeps Game Toppers viable is long term planning and exposure. Social media, marketing, and conventions are a big part of that and cannot be neglected. Everything is hitting us pretty hard right now with Essen, BGG Con, and PAX Unplugged all happening so close together. It simply is a massive task that we are managing.
The hardest part of managing something of this scale is that there are so many moving parts. Communication from my 3rd party sources is never as timely as I would like to relay good info. It’s one of my biggest stressors. That said, most areas are going very well and are ahead of schedule, though there are a few items that are still fluid as we are waiting on suppliers for delivery timelines and a couple of items that we are slightly delayed on. (Timelines below) Overall, I’m very pleased with the progress.
Time line Update:
An update will be sent via a separate email in the next couple of days so we can clearly communicate the program and get affiliates retail stores set up to receive your orders. I had been waiting on aluminum timelines before I could make any real projections needed for this to take place. We are good on that front now.
MAT ONLY PLEDGES:
We are a bit behind on our projection of our first wave container of mats. This is why and includes our new anticipated schedule.
Our first containers of mats are expected to arrive on our dock Dec 17th. It is scheduled to hit the port Dec 12th. It was scheduled for Dec 3rd, then we found out our Vancouver connection would be problematic as the Canadian Rail Union is about to go on strike and we made a decision to change the shipment to Washington State railyard at a higher cost. This delayed us about 10 days, but having our container possibly held up for months in Canada was not a risk I was willing to take.
Also, due to the amount of sizes and styles we unlocked, and the amount of mat storage bags we had to have made, this took our manufacture much longer to produce and manage the delivery than anticipated. We have a bunch of quality control check lists, like letting the mats sit for 7 days before we cut them so we can ensure good tolerances to avoid shrinkage. We submitted 162 line item sku’s not including bags!!!! WOW! None the less, it just took more time. I was insistent that quality was of the utmost importance. I must say this manufacture is one of my most trusted vendors and generally exceeds my expectations, but just due to the scale of the order and the storage bags accompanying it took a bit longer to insure quality. There is no cause for alarm, all is well. I have received samples and they are simply gorgeous!!! We will have all shipping labels ready to go for DOMESTIC MAT ONLY pledges and as soon as the container arrives we will ship. We think we can do all of them in 3 days.
It’s very tight for Christmas delivery. We are cautiously optimistic that many of you will receive them by Christmas, if not very shortly thereafter.
INTERNATIONAL MAT ONLY PLEDGES will be delivered with our containers to Germany and Australia to save on the shipping cost we quoted during the campaign. (See timelines below)
I’m pleased to say at this point most everything is ahead of Schedule! I’ll explain what I mean by “most”. I could have just said, we are close to our expected shipping times, but I wanted to give you a more detailed thoughtful answer. This is very complicated due to many factors like production schedule of aluminum and powder coating, ordering of other parts and custom cutting, and our packaging solutions which is just now forthcoming. We have been working diligently on all these items since the KS ended. This is not an exact science and delays can happen, but as of today this is our updated schedule.
1. Standard Aluminum has arrived at my manufacturing facility in Fergus Falls. Parts have arrived for assembly of all models, and my purchase orders are scheduled in a detailed manufacturing schedule.
2. LUX aluminum will be arriving in 20 days or so. Wood components are already here. Sculpted Dragon and Viking Parts are on their way to Dogmight Games shortly for custom sculpting and finishing.
3. SAMPLE Game Topper and Leaf storage bags have arrived (just after Essen) and have been approved. They are awesome!!! New improved shoulder strap design.
Please Note: Game Toppers Storage Bags are scheduled to Arrive Feb 1st. Our packaging and shipping solution includes shipping the toppers in the storage bag for extra protection and cost savings.
This is a very thoughtful engineering process for each model and product specs. We are working with two major packaging companies to help improve upon what we had already produced on KS 1.0. It’s a very complicated set of variables for each shipping solution so I won’t bore you with these details, but we are sparing no expense to create a highly durable package that can handle some of the most rigorous delivery methods to insure a good experience for you.
Current Schedule:(Most items are ahead of schedule, some are on time, and a few slightly behind) Please note: Domestic orders will go out first, so we can move them through our fulfilment center quickly, making room for the next segment. All Toppers models need to be manufactured before we can custom pull all international orders and fill the containers for EU and Australian fulfillment.
Dec 31st 2019
1. Delivery of Accessory Rails, Leaf Kits, Acrylic Covers, Mat Racks, and HDPE components expected to arrive in our fulfillment center in Fergus Falls by the end of Dec. (Most of this product will be packaged during this time and awaiting storage bags for shipment with orders scheduled below.)
2. All domestic mat only pledges shipped mid Dec.
3. We receive first partial segment of Standard Adler and Holmes Toppers for Affiliates and Jan delivery for orders without storage bags.
Jan 1st – Jan 31st 2020 (about 2 months early)
1. Standard Adler Toppers without storage bags shipped.
2. Standard Holmes Toppers without storage bags shipped.
3. Standard Watson Toppers arrive at our fulfillment center in Fergus Falls mid Jan and Standard Watson Toppers without storage bags ship.
Feb 1st – Feb 28th 2020 (About 1 month early)
1. Game Topper Storage bags and Leaf storage Bags arrive for needed for all packages IE: Scotland Yard, Bakerstreet, and Riechenbach Falls Pledges.
2. Feb 3rd Mycroft and Moriarty Toppers arrive at fulfillment center.
3. Feb 10th Second container of gaming mats arrive for additional fulfillment needs.
4. Feb 10th – Feb 15th Mycroft and Moriarty Toppers ship.
5. Feb 10th Lux Natural Oak and Premium Walnut Holmes and Watson models arrive at fulfilment center.
6. Feb 17th – March 9th Scotland Yard Packages in all three styles standard, Lux Oak and Premium Walnut start shipping.
Note:We expect these segments to take 3-4 weeks to process. Shipping individual pledges varies depending on the distance and can take up to 10 days. Generally less than 5 days.
1. March 2nd Start packaging and pulling Canadian shipment.
2. March 9th Canadian shipment sent to Snakes and Lattes for intra-Canada shipping.
3. March 9th Start packaging European orders.
4. March 16th Ship container to Germany for intra-Europe shipping. At this time this includes UK deliveries. This will take approx. 5 weeks water transport. So European shipments will go out around end of April.
5. March 16th Australia, New Zealand, and remote shipment orders pulled.
6. March 23rd Australian Container Shipped. Shipping to backers at the end of April
1. Clean up any unresolved shipments.
2. Overstock Toppers of all varieties will be delivered to our fulfillment center.
1. I have not received the new collapsible cup holder samples yet. The mold making process was very complex and has taken Ben from Daedalus more time than expected to get these to me. He has worked very hard on this project for us all. I have been told that the injection date has been set for the next couple of weeks and should have samples to approve soon. Once these samples are approved the injection molding process is very quick and shouldn’t provide a problem for our fulfillment timelines. I will keep you updates as I learn more on this.
2. Injection molded Dice Towers and accessory trays are in line for molds to be completed. More to come as I have more timelines on those. Our energies have been focused on the cup holders.
Our Fulfilment Center:
I haven’t talked a lot about this, but last year I bought a building in our home town so that we could manage our own fulfillment rather than relying on a third party. We have been doing our own fulfillment since last Feb out of this location. It has gone wonderfully! We have also done a ton of work on the building in preparation for all of the upcoming fulfillment! We just put in a loading dock and a cement apron on the front of the building and now we are prepping all of the pallet racking and organizing the pick area. Yeah crazy busy!!! I'll send more pics later in an update. Here are a couple of fun ones.
As you can see, this is a massive undertaking requiring a lot of diligence and hard work to accomplish. Josiah and I have put in hundreds of hours to get to this point and our hard work is paying off. I have good partners in this venture. I wish I could control everything in life, but we all know that is an illusion. What we can control is how we treat each other and what we do to honor our word. I always want to treat each one of you with the greatest respect and be as open and transparent with you as possible. Overall, I am really happy with the outcome of everything so far, with the exception of the mats taking a little longer than I hoped to get here and the delays on getting our sample accessories in time to show off at shows. Sometimes the greatest of all virtues must be employed…patience. I'm not great at that one. What I can assure you all is that I do not take lightly our commitment to delivering you the best product I can make and will continue to do my best to keep you up to date as I am able. I am so grateful for your support! If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to reach me or Josiah directly by phone or email and we will do our normal quick response we are known for.
Thank you for being the best backers ever!!
All our best!
Burky and Josiah